Canaan got a new high chair this week! We had to get a new one because our old one, well, broke. Let me share the story...
So, we had an antique wooden high chair that both Eli and Judah used. Last year I decided to take it outside for its usual once a month hose down because, let me just tell you, wooden high chairs get really disgusting and are really hard to clean. At that same high chair cleaning moment, Johnny decides to have our usual once a month bonfire to burn all of our "burnable" trash (we live out in the country so we dont' have trash pick up... its way easier to burn), and while he was burning it he decided to go ahead and torch our old and very gross loveseat... we had converted it into our dog's loveseat so it was pretty horrific. So, as he sets it aflame I call out, "do you think it's super flamable?" to which he responds, "Maybe", and poof... the whole thing goes up into enormous flames. Now, this is very dangerous because we are in the woods, so all of the treetops above are in danger of catching on fire too and that would just be a ridiculous mess. so he yells out, "grab the hose!" so, with all of my adrenaline pumping i grab the hose and start running up the hill with it (which is a pretty big deal, I think I was 7 months preggo with canaan at the time). So, the hose somehow amazingly wraps around the wooden high chair and literally shatters it into bits (we ended up using it as fire wood that winter).
All that to say... we got a new high chair.
And here is Canaan sitting very handsomely in it. (I am so glad there is no video of me trying to run up that hill and hurl the hose over the fence... that would not be pretty) (man do I say "so" alot)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember my dark wood high chair from when I was little. We kept it for years after so that Jen had a place for her Cabbage Patch Kids to sit and each with us at dinner each night. We finally got rid of it when we moved out of Hlwd in 2001. If I ever have kids, I want to find a wooden high chair, just because they are so nostalgic. PS) I could just imagine the scene of you running up that hill and it makes me smile!
ReplyDelete